[IMPORTANT] Google OpenId End-of-Life, Gerrit users need to take action

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sun Feb 22 03:26:53 PST 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 11:41:48PM -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> I'll keep nagging people during the next 5 weeks or so, I will
> eventually spam their mailbox (I have the email of the 686 that at
> this minutes have still not taken action... 10 or so less tonight than
> this morning)....
>
> I will certainly publicly shame 'Committers' that do not take action promptly.
>
> To motivate the lagers and procrastinators, I may even turn off google
> openid in gerrit earlier than the deadline, to flush them out before
> goggle service actually turn off.

Then give me alternatives. :)

A subthread here mentions Fedora (why should I create a account just in
Fedora for this? But than can be done in emergency) and launchpad
(no way. ever. will never get myself a launchpad account.)

Some other posts back in time mentions facebook (no, I don't have a facebook
account and will not have. A bit less strict than launchpad, but still...)

Publishing a list of people who refuse to have accounts on FB or LP is not
going to help. The shame is on LO not having alternatives other than those
two.

Regards,

Rene