Bad Jenkins Slave?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 09:50:02 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Wols Lists <antlists at youngman.org.uk> wrote:
> On 22/02/15 05:50, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> PS: Windows 2012 somehow ended-up with a 'ghost' directory that no-one
>> could delete not even Admin ( Windows these days is so secure than
>> even Administrator does not have the permission to delete files....
>> yeah that is the symptom: 'Permission denied' whatever you try to do
>> with that Directory...)
>> Solution: Standard Microsoft Support Technique: Reboot. Hard to
>> imagine that some people are running this crap on 'production' system
>> :-/
>
> Mmmm ... so Unix that lets you delete files under a running process,
> causing a crash, is any better?

I take an app crash before an app cannot run until you reboot anyday.
And btw there is no 'delete a file under a running process here...
that box run as a single-job jenkins slave-bot... and the same
workload run on linux and mac... never crashed to date.
App crash, I can automate recovery... system reboot based on vague,
unreliable, build result.. not so much.

Norbert