Package building reduces the lifetime of the SSD drives

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:17:22 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:14 AM, Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch
<robert.buj at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are a lot of copy operations before to package LO. I propose you copy
> the files to package into a temporary ramdisk.

I take it we're talking about 'instdir' which holds the to-be-packaged
files, then wouldn't it be easier to just hardlink to them?

There is already a configure flag to do just that: --enable-hardlink-deliver

It should do what you want, but if it doesn't, then patches are welcome!