Bad Jenkins Slave?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 06:53:33 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:11 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 02:02:07PM +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>
>> Mmmm ... so Unix that lets you delete files under a running process,
>> causing a crash, is any better?
>
> No, it doesn't. It just lets you remove one of the file's names (it
> often has only one). If a running process has a file opened, that file
> is not deleted, and will be automatically deleted when the process
> closes it (if it has no name anymore).

Yep it 'delete' the inode, not the actual file, the file stayt there
as long as there is at least one open fd on it...
But since the original arguement was of the 'To quoque' fallacy kind,
I figured that technical precision was not paramount :-)

BTW: I narrow down the exception throwing that cause the termination
on Mac when a table view is linked to a database that do not exist...
I still need to dig a bit more down to find where that need catching...
When you set the database path it does pop up a warning dialog and
continue.. but when you load a file that reference a missing db and
right-click on a column header that exception is not caught, or more
exactly it is caught by the 'catch-all-and-die' mechanism...

Norbert