Questions about QtCreator-LibreOffice integration

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 03:51:28 PST 2015

On 17.02.2015 22:42, Michel Renon wrote:

> So, in order to not pollute LO code and git repo, how can we organize
> those project files ?
>
> I thought about 2 solutions :
> - create project files in the real folders (ie 'sw.pro' and
> 'sw.pro.user' in 'sw'), then list all those project files in the
> '.gitignore'
> (are there already some '.pro' files in LO repo ?)
>
> - create ghost folders with project files :
> create '.sw_qtcreator.pro' and '.sw_qtcreator.pro.user' inside
> '.sw_qtcreator' folder ; then list those ghost folders in '.gitignore'.
>

> Do you have another suggestions ?
> What should I implement ?

if you put the project files somewhere in "workdir", that has the
advantage that they will be automatically deleted by "make clean"
without having to add any extra stuff to makefiles (and .gitignore).

of course the disadvantage is that they might be a bit harder to find,
and some IDEs have some weird restrictions where the project file is
relative to the source files it refers to.