Make.exe for Cygwin

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:31:11 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:

> we shouldn't maintain our own make fork but use the upstream release if
> possible; the Win32 make binary you can download from
> dev-www.libreoffice.org was built from the upstream git repo.

I completely agree... the reason I created that to start with is
because I needed some more useful debug trace on invocation of $(call
to debug things when we where working a lot on gnumake.... I tried to
upstream these (quite small) patches.. but these were silently ignored
upstream...
so I did and used my own fork to be able to use this...

> of course thee are some advantages to having this repo, we can do some
> experiments and add fixes to bugs we have (like the one you found).

yes, and prepare patch for upstream, including rebasing them while
upstream is sitting on them..

Note: I do _not_ use that repo to build make for the slave bot...

Norbert