Make.exe for Cygwin

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:32:36 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice :-), could we perhaps upload 64bit version to
> http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bin/cygwin/ too?

Michael has mentioned (above) that the 4.0 is unstable.
Please see our exchange, we do seem to be in agreement to move away
from lo fork of make and test a more recent (4.1) upstream build.
I'm currently working on making a test binary (32 and 64 bits)
available for internal testing.

> I am confused, do people build make themselves or don't use 64bit cygwin.

I'd hope anyone attempting to build LO will be savvy enough to use
64-bit cygwin on a 64-bit machine (for performance reasons).
I know I do, and the make binary on dev-www.libreoffice.org, which is
32-bits, works perfectly fine (so it's not accurate that it won't run
on a 64-bit cygwin, because it's not a cygwin binary, rather it's a
native windows binary).