Severe performance degradation on Linux

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Fri Jan 2 15:37:46 PST 2015

Thank you, Maarten,

I've run office like so from within the Python script:

  p = subprocess.Popen("valgrind --tool=callgrind soffice --accept=\"socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager\"", shell=True, env=myenv)

and got five callgrind.out.* files once the script terminated soffice.
I ran those through

  callgrind_annotate callgrind.out.*

Note that I'm using the default office image which (I assume) has no
debug symbols.  The data doesn't make much sense.  Considering the loop
in question ran for about ~45sec (with and without valgrind?!) then I'd
expect an instruction count _much_ larger than a few hundreds of
thousands.  In all four profiles, though, libc's _dl_addr and ld's symbol
lookup take most of the time.  Not sure I trust these profiles.

Attached.

Jens

--
Jens Tröger