Jenkins verification of gerrit patches

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 04:27:52 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:43 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier at googlemail.com> wrote:

> No surprise, but I certainly would prefer if they also used
> --with-distro=... switch :-)

That is problematic.
Take LibreOfficeLinux.conf:
at first glance

--without-junit
--with-help

are not something we want.. so that would require 'override' in autogen.input

but then these override are likely to end-up being platform
dependent... bringing up front the mess of managing autogen.input

Right now, I've solved that problem by teaching configure.ac about
LODE_HOME, in such a way that really we should not need _any_
autogen.input on any platform.

In the future I'll try to address the need of an 'on-demand'
autogen.input to be able to turn on/off some specific flags.. within
reasons...
which will require somehow an interaction between jenkins and
autogen.input.. but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.. in the
mean time I'd rather KISS as much as I can...

Norbert