no 'object' file generated ?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 07:54:12 PST 2015

On 19.01.2015 16:33, Ashod Nakashian wrote:
> Anyone know why Jenkins sometimes throws this error?
>
> C:/cygwin/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/Windows/shell/source/win32/shlxthandler/util/utilities.cxx(110)
> : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
>

> I can't find any other failures in the output.

it just means that the MSVC equivalent of -Werror is in effect, so there
is some warning that caused compilation to fail because it is treated as
an error.  we try to keep the code base free of compiler warnings.

the warning is printed in the next lines:

> C:/cygwin/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/Windows/shell/source/win32/shlxthandler/util/utilities.cxx(110) : warning C4996: 'GetVersionExW': was declared deprecated
> C:/PROGRA~2/WINDOW~4/8.1/include/umsysinfoapi.h(442) : see declaration of 'GetVersionExW'

looks unrelated to your patch (and needs further investigation).

(the warnings above the error in the log happen to be completely
unrelated doxygen output.)

> That was on Windows. In the same build[*], but on Linux, I have this:
>
> nsinstall: cannot access nss.h: No such file or directory
> ../../coreconf/rules.mk:752: recipe for target 'export' failed
> make[4]: *** [export] Aborted

also unrelated, never seen this before and there were no changes in
external/nss for months, local configuration issue on the buildbot
causing this?