no 'object' file generated ?

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 19 07:54:54 PST 2015

Hey,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Ashod Nakashian <ashnakash at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone know why Jenkins sometimes throws this error?
>

> C:/cygwin/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/Windows/shell/source/win32/shlxthandler/util/utilities.cxx(110)
> : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated

If you would have quoted the whole text you would have seen the error
yourself:

C:/cygwin/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/Windows/shell/source/win32/shlxthandler/util/utilities.cxx(110)
: error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
C:/cygwin/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/Windows/shell/source/win32/shlxthandler/util/utilities.cxx(110)
: warning C4996: 'GetVersionExW': was declared deprecated

So as we are using Werror and use a deprecated function we are
aborting the build.

> I can't find any other failures in the output.
> That was on Windows. In the same build[*], but on Linux, I have this:
>
> nsinstall: cannot access nss.h: No such file or directory
> ../../coreconf/rules.mk:752: recipe for target 'export' failed
> make[4]: *** [export] Aborted
>

> Any ideas? How can we fix/avoid this?

The linux one looks more like a problem with the nss build. I doubt that
this one can be explained by looking at the logs without being able to
build on the machine.

Regards,
Markus