Build failure in 4.4 branch with --enable-ext-google-docs on Xubuntu 14.04 amd64: "undefined reference to symbol 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5'"

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 08:27:12 PST 2015

On 17 December 2014 at 12:10, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

[making LO connect to Google Drive reliably]

>> So I need to ... literally compile my credentials into LO?
>> How do the Windows builds of 4.3 and 4.4beta1 work? Are you saying
>> they have someone's credentials actually compiled into them?

> Yes. For TDF builds TDF credentials are compiled in. But it is not
> used for anything else, but to identify the application with Google
> Drive. It is not a personal thing.

I now have a build that connects reasonably reliably, using this line:

./autogen.sh --with-gdrive-client-secret="GYWrDtzyZQZ0_g5YoBCC6F0I"
--with-gdrive-client-id="457862564325.apps.googleusercontent.com";
make

That's the TDF secret. I want to write a blog post saying how I did
this - before I do so, will there be a problem putting it up with that
secret (which is presumably the one in every TDF build)? Should I use
another one? If so, how do I obtain another one?

(also, will this stop working when Google stops doing OAuth2?)

- d.