LO 4.3.5002 and PYTHONPATH on Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Thu Jan 29 05:15:21 PST 2015

Yvon Thoraval wrote:

 >     ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
 >
 > Nope, i don't have any ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist and even no ~/.MacOSX
 > I did carefully checked :
 >
 > ~/.bash_profile
 > ~/.bashrc
 >
 > ~/.profile
 >
 > ~/.zprofile
 > ~/.zshrc
 >
 > and obviously the one i use actually :
 > ~/.config/fish/config.fish
 >
 > notice if i add a line like :
 > echo $PYTHONPATH at the first line of my ~/.config/fish/config.fish i get :
 > /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
 > when login
 >
 > then "something else" set the PYTHONPATH variable...

Oh, it seems ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist is no longer used on Lion and higher (I am still on Snow Leopard). And the preferred way is now launchctl. Try launchctl export to see what environment it has, and if necessary do a launchctl unsetenv. But I don't think this will remove it permanently, only for the current login session.

Also have a look into /etc/launchd.conf and ~/.launchd.conf because they can contain startup information for launchd. Maybe even better do a grep PYTHONPATH /etc/*

With kind regards,
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/