LO 4.3.5002 and PYTHONPATH on Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Thu Jan 29 08:34:13 PST 2015

Yvon Thoraval wrote:

 >     grep PYTHONPATH /etc/*
 >
 > Bingo !
 >
 > $  cat /etc/launchd.conf | grep PYTHONPATH
 > setenv PYTHONPATH /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
 >
 > may be Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 needs this path ?
 >
 > then, I would have better not to change that.
 >
 > --
 > YT

The Python that comes with OS X has nothing in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages. In fact no system software uses /usr/local. So it could be from a Python that you installed yourself. Maybe Homebrew? Because the Pythons from www.python.org don't have anything in /usr/local.

Anyway, I think any decent Python system that needs /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages would have this path built in.

Just try to delete it and see if anything fails. You can always put it back.

By the way, it seems that you can also set environment variables for a specific application in that application's Info.plist file.

With kind regards,
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/