[GSoC] Improve user experience with CMIS – Weekly report #6

Szymon Kłos eszkadev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:00:52 PDT 2015

My work this week:
* I integrated my dialog with FileDialogHelper. Now RemoteFilesDialog
could be executed using the same command like normal file picker,
filters are added depending on context.
* bug 84190 - user wasn't able to change password after failed
authorization.
* bug 83089 - Cannot select location in properties dialogue
* I added support of opening multiple files
* some small improvements

Now I'm working on async operations. In this dialog it could be useful
to cancel current action, because sometimes opening remote directory is
very slow (connection to the cmis.alfresco.com/cmisatom takes > 30s,
which is default timeout in async mode). User should have possibility to
stop this process, for example after selecting any service by mistake
without waiting. Timeout also shouldn't be too short, because it may be
insufficient (like 30s for alfresco example).

To do:
* async operations
* implement support of context bits
* open/save remote buttons on toolbars