About GraphicDisplayCacheEntry::IsCacheableAsBitmap/GraphicManager::ImplCreateOutput

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Jul 11 15:44:28 PDT 2015

Hello,

Giving a try to tdf#47832, I noticed that there were similar comments in
these files:
GraphicDisplayCacheEntry::IsCacheableAsBitmap:
    487 // This function is based on GraphicManager::ImplCreateOutput(), in
fact it mostly copies
    488 // it, the difference is that this one does not create anything, it
only checks if
    489 // ImplCreateOutput() would use the optimization of using the single
bitmap.
    490 // If you do changes here, change the original function too.
see
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/source/graphic/grfcache.cxx#487
and GraphicManager::ImplCreateOutput
   1112 // NOTE: If you do changes in this function, check
GraphicDisplayCacheEntry::IsCacheableAsBitmap
   1113 // in grfcache.cxx too.
see
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/source/graphic/grfmgr2.cxx#1112

But MetaActionType::FONT case isn't managed the same way:
In the first, there's just a fallthrough,
in the second one, there's some treatment.

1) Should we copy/paste the treatment in the first file?
2) Should we remove the treatment in the second file?
3) Should we just tweak the comment?
or simply nothing at all?

BTW, about graphic cache part, here's a try to optimize:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/16958/
and here a failed attempt to fix the initial bug:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/16941/ :-(

Julien