Howto build a viewer to compare differences using tiles?

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Thu Jul 16 01:13:09 PDT 2015

Hi Stef,

Le 15/07/2015 18:52, Stef Bon a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm building backup/version system, using sqlite, btrfs and FUSE for
> the user. It's comparable to snapper, but that's more a tool to
> backup/snapshot the system. Fuse-backup is a tool for the user, he/she
> can assign a directory to backup easily, and view versions of files
> with a simple mouseclick.
>
> [...]
>
> Now I've spoken with Michael Meeks in Den Hage begin May at the
> OpenSuse conference. I asked him howto build a tool to view the
> differences between versions. He suggested me to look at the
> libreofficekit, and especially the lokdocview, to view pages as tiles.
>
> Now can someone describe globally howto write an app using qt 5,
> showing the pages as tiles, the page of the current version left and
> the previous version right?

I'm also interested by creating a Qt+QML app with LOKit : I would like
to use it for making UX prototypes :-)

We are not alone : Canonical just announced that they start to integrate
LOKit as a plugin of their DocViewer app [1].
It seems Bjoern is involved in this project ?

I found the code of the plugin [2], but I have no knowledge how to use
it to create a standard basic app.

Hope this helps,

Michel

[1]