Unicode 8.0?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jul 16 09:40:06 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-16 at 11:53 +0200, Viktor Kovács wrote:
> I would like to ask when will be adopted Old Hungarian fonts. It is
> defined in the UNICODE 8.0, central-europe subgroup, and it must be
> typed right to left writing.

The underlying requirement will be a version of icu that supports
unicode 8, so someone needs to bump the icu version we're building
against to version 56, and that's only at milestone 1 level at the
moment so apparently not ready for stable use yet.

I imagine then there would be a need to extend the RTL support to
include some additional language if there is a serious attempt to
support this as a real thing.

C.