Gerrit Windows build: what configure should I use at home?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:24:50 PDT 2015

> thanks, I used that without symbols or other debug settings, just to see how
> it goes.

What I use for the jenkins slave-bot is lode:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/lode
assuming you already have a cygwin environment, then

git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/lode
cd lode
./setup --dev
modify your bashrc based on the message (that is export LODE_HOME and
pout LODE_HOME/opt/bin in the PATH

cd dev/core
tweak autogen.input if need be (by default it has --enable-debug for dev build)

./autogen.sh
make

Note the fact that LODE_HOME is define will make configure.ac pick the
'right' thing for most build dep like ant/doxygen/external_tar etc...
so there is no need for --with-ant-home/--with-junit

Note2: --enable-pch is the default on windows.. in fact --disable-pch
is ignored and we always use pch

Note3: --disable-ccache is the default on windows

Note4: --with-parallelism default to the number of core. it used to be
that it was necessary on Windows to 'overcommit' by manually specify a
value higher than the number of core due to the fact that some build
token were routinely lost along the way.
This does not seems to be true with recent cygwin and the native make
binary we use (lode set that up automatically for you)

Norbert