[GSoC] Integrating LO with GNOME - WR#8

Pranav Kant pranav913 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 12:34:01 PDT 2015

This week I made few enhancements to the threading infrastructure that
I coded last week taking inspiration from Libreoffice Android. Now I
am making use of a thread pool, instead of creating a new thread(s)
everytime. All the LOK calls are now being called in thread(s) reused
from this pool.

I was facing few problems initially with making paintTile calls async,
but following Michael's advice, and revisiting the code, I found a
minor memory glitch which was preventing it to work like we expected.
I have pushed the working patches to feature/gsoc-tiled-rendering
(needs little bit of polishing, though, before merging). The tiles are
being rendered asynchronously now. However, I am bit worried about the
lag that we are facing sometimes, of which I will try to find the
actual cause.

--
Regards,
Pranav Kant