[GSoC] Integrating LO with GNOME - WR#8

Pranav Kant pranav913 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 02:55:43 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Michael Meeks
<michael.meeks at collabora.com> wrote:
> Hi Pranav,
>
> On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 01:04 +0530, Pranav Kant wrote:
>> This week I made few enhancements to the threading infrastructure that
>> I coded last week taking inspiration from Libreoffice Android. Now I
>> am making use of a thread pool, instead of creating a new thread(s)
>> everytime. All the LOK calls are now being called in thread(s) reused
>> from this pool.
>
>         Hah =) so one thing that makes this particularly non-useful is the fact
> that LibreOfficeKit is single-plus-epsilon threaded ;-)
>
>         So you'll get no useful benefit from using more than a single thread.

I am making use of thread pool, but this pool consists of only single
thread. All the LOK calls will be queued and can reuse this thread,
hence saving me the time that it would take to create a new thread
(expensive process) for each LOK call.

This was the reason behind making use of thread pool. I had no
intention of using more than one thread for LOK calls.

--
Regards,
Pranav Kant