[Text Chains in Draw] A few question on general handling of chains of text boxes

Matteo Campanelli matteo.campanelli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:18:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am working on the global handling of chains of text boxes in Draw.
The idea would be to keep the information on which text objects belong to
which chain by using a svx class TextChain (that I created).
An example of a (partial) interface TextChain would be the following (quite
similar to a linked list):
[Side reminder: text boxes roughly correspond to SdrTextObj objects].
- InsertNode(SdrTextObj *prev, SdrTextObj *newNode)
- AppendNode(SdrTextObj *newNode)
- GetPrevNode(SdrTextObj *)
- GetNextNode(SdrTextObj *)

Also note that in a Draw document there can be an arbitrary number of
chains of SdrTextObj-s.

*Question*: what is a good place to keep these chains in svx?
They hold some kind of global information so my first guess would be
SdrModel. Does that make sense?

At some point it should be possible to specify next links from the UI.
*Question*: where should one put such commands/methods (called from the UI)
for setting/removing links ? SdrTextObj-s themselves?

Cheers,
Matteo