[GSoC] Haskell UNO Language Binding - Weekly Report 9

Jorge Mendes jorgecunhamendes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:55:57 PDT 2015

Hi,

For the past week I've still been making the document loader example
to work in Haskell. The example is working, but still needs some
manual work for it to compile and run.

An issue that arises is the creation import cycles in Haskell code due
to dependencies between some UNO IDL entities. For now, there is an
Haskell module for each entity, and a module for each entity
namespace. The namespace module contains the data definitions, while
the entity module contains its specification (e.g., interface
methods).

Also, the document loader example needed more types than the ones
specified in "types.rdb", namely in "offapi.rdb". This information is
needed both at compile time and at run time. For the compile time, the
"Setup.hs" was hardcoded with "offapi", and at runtime an option is
given as argument to make it load the types. I'll try to add to the
cabal package configuration file an option to specify more type
sources, so that the runtime arguments are no longer needed and the
"Setup.hs" remains generic.

For this week I will improve code generation to reduce the manual work
and modify a little the binding to make it more type safe.

Best regards,
Jorge