LibO Calc - detect if function is called within Function Wizard

Mikhail Zemlyanukha gmixaz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:17:36 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm developing a java extension for calc, and I would like to detect
if a worksheet function (implemented in my addin) is called from
Function Wizard. The function may work long (it performs a request to
external DB), and I would like to return some stub value (let it be
#VALUE!) when it is called from function wizard, to not block user
interface.

The same addin was implemented for MS Excel some time ago, I'm just
making a port to LibO Calc. In XL (Excel) it was detected with some
hack checking active window handler.

Please advice.

TIA,
Mike