About .xhp files

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at libreoffice.org
Fri Jul 31 17:40:46 PDT 2015

Hi Mihály

Thank you for caring to write a help file on the feature. It will give
visibility to the work and will consolidate it inside LO.

I think your new xhp file should be placed in

helpcontent2/source/text/shared/optionen

with whatever name you want (e.g. configdialog.xhp). At the moment you
may want to copy another help file in the same folder into
configdialog.xhp and start hacking the xml. To test it you must add
configdialog entry into helpcontend2/AllLangHelp_shared.mk .

A word of advice: when hacking, each xml paragraph must have an unique
ID in the file (watch out copy & paste). This ID will the unique ID of
the file content sent to translators.

There is also a HelpAuthoring.oxt extension in the
dev-tools/helpauthoring folder of LO git. Zip its content into an oxt
file and intall in a stable LibreOffice version. It will add helpers
into Writer to edit xhp files. However it is not a panacea for editing
help files and still needs hacking.

Otherwise, if you feel too intimidated, you can write the help page in
pure ODF, cloning an exisitng page and we take care to make it work in LO.

Kind regards

Olivier

On 31/07/2015 20:47, Mihály Palenik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to write help page to Expert Configuration dialog but I have
> some question about xhp files. First of all If I create a new xhp file
> where should I save it, and what is its name? Is there any reference
> about xhp tags? And how can I connect with appropriate dialog?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Mihaly Palenik

Olivier Hallot