URP: queryInterface request message with unknown OID received

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Jun 1 02:54:05 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 09:55:19AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 09:48 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> Interesting... I got that error on my machine, I made some changes,
>> and then didn't get it on three consecutive "make JunitTest_dbaccess_complex"
>> so I thought it gone. The operative part is

>>    Caught UNO exception 'URP: queryInterface request message with unknown OID received'

>> Anybody has a clue what this is about?

> The UNO remote protocol represents each UNO object with a unique OID string.
> The error means that one end of a remote connection sent a queryInterface
> request with a OID representing an object that the other end claims it does
> not know about.  Which sounds like a scary bug somewhere.  Any way to
> reproduce that?

It seems to be linked to the *number* *of* *tests* in
dbaccess/qa/complex/dbaccess/RowSet.java

I never got it when I commented out any one of the "@Test" there. It
seems to happen (sometimes) during/after the
 testConcurrentAccess(m_resultSet);
call, maybe only when one of the threads actually throws an exception
that is ignored, but this seems to be related to the number of tests
run before that.

To ensure that "testConcurrentAccess" fails successfully, revert
d6d19acaca14d5b45ffb0db0028f17567d196c4d
and probably also
e9d055bf67d2ad600d2efa58a4c8b8bbcedf348c

(although Miklos and Linux Gerrit Gerrit_Debug got it that way also
 with d6d19acaca14d5b45ffb0db0028f17567d196c4d applied... Something
 I'll have to debug in some way. I'm trying on another machine now.)

--
Lionel