URP: queryInterface request message with unknown OID received

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 03:54:35 PDT 2015

On 06/02/2015 02:32 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> So, if you would like to work on that (which would make me happier),
> then apply the attached patch, then:
>   make JunitTest_dbaccess_complex
> several times in a row, and you should get the problem. If not, try
> uncommenting more "@Test" instances.

Thanks for the reproducer.  Looking into it a bit, it smells like a
reincarnation of an ages-old phenomenon where the JVM garbage-collects
objects "too aggressively" (i.e., with the object still nominally on the
call stack, but optimized away) and we thus send a release call from
Java URP to binary URP too soon.  I'll look into it further.