sourceforge hijack libreoffice page?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 04:14:31 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <
sharuzzaman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Libreoffice developers,
>
> I was reading news about Sourceforge is hijacking nmap page in Sourceforge.
>
> When I listed the page owned by user sf-editor1, it looks like LibreOffice
> page and installer was also hijacked.

And Sourceforge staff actively add installation packages to the download
page at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libreoffice.mirror/files/

According to
https://sourceforge.net/blog/third-party-offers-will-be-presented-with-opt-in-projects-only/
those third-party offers are now "opt-in".
Still, their actions do not justify confidence.

There are about 300-400 downloads for the latest version.

It makes sense to
1. Reclaim the LibreOffice project on SourceForge so that it no longer
belongs to "sf-editor1".
2. Properly decommission the SourceForge project page.

Simos