Bug reports on LibO 5 x86 or x64-64 version on 64-bit Windows

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 05:46:27 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03.06.2015 11:42, Takeshi Abe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any simple, boilerplate way in bugzilla for reporters to tell
>> whether the observed behavior of LibO 5 on 64-bit Windows is actually
>> about x86 or x86-64 version (or both)?
>> Current combination of fields "Version"/"Hardware"/"OS" does not suffice
>> for the purpose.
>
> the "Hardware" field can be used for this purpose.
> but like many things in bugzilla, this is not obvious because the naming
> is awful...
>
> is it possible to rename the "Hardware" field to something better in our
> bugzilla installation?

Got a suggestion?

The tootip for the 'Hardware' field does say "The hardware platform
the bug was observed on." I'm not sure how many people are matching
that field to their chipset, their OS, or their build of LibreOffice,
but at least personally I do use the field for my actual hardware
(setting the field only when relevant). In general, the detail of
word-size is a minor distinction within all our bugs.

Cheers,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode