[GSoC] Haskell UNO Language Binding - Weekly Report 1

Jorge Mendes jorgecunhamendes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:30:00 PDT 2015

Hi,

Sorry for the late report.

For the first week (and also during the bonding period) I have been
looking to LibreOffice code related to UNO bindings (C++, Java,
Python) for inspiration, and played a little bit with Haskell's FFI to
check how well it works with C++. For this, C wrappers around C++ code
should be sufficient. However, the compilation process is a little bit
complicated.

Now I am working on converting a simple C/C++ code (provided by my
mentor Stephan) that uses UNO to Haskell, which includes:
 - the compilation process (linking Haskell, C and C++ is tricky);
 - type conversions;
 - UNO calls.
The compilation process is working. Bootstraping is running. Some work
on the code is still needed to make the UNO calls work (it's strange
to work with pointers and explicit dynamic memory in Haskell).

After having the example code working, I'll work on providing the UNO
API to Haskell programs.

Kind regards,
Jorge