test infrastructure ideas appreciated ... - layout tests ...

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Jun 5 05:21:57 PDT 2015

Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	I'm no expert on the current state here, but my feeling is that there
> are a lot of document / chart layout issues that are a real problem to
> regression test.

Curious to hear Moggi's input on that one - what I recall, was that
Chart layout is just too randomly unstable to make that work?

Or is that something where there is a plan how to fix that, just no
cycles/motivation to do so?

And tangentially - for anything doing layout checks, I'd of course
much prefer something that compares xml layout dumps, rather than
bitmaps. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten