--with-parallelism default is actually 1 core?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 07:20:22 PDT 2015

Per the docs:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#--with-parallelism

"--with-parallelism already defaults to the the number of cores/cpus
on your system, unless you use --enable-icecream - then to 10."

I tried configuring a VM with 12 cores, and then used ./autogen.sh
--with-parallelism and still only had 1 or (maybe?) 2 cores being
used. When I changed that to ./autogen.sh --with-parallelism=12 my
machine started chugging along like a fully-loaded freight train.

Is there something special about my setup, or?

Thanks,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode