LOK ABI changes

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Jun 8 01:50:30 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 10:16 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Extending is already possible. That's why the LibreOfficeKitClass
> and LibreOfficeKitDocumentClass structs have the nSize member. Only
> the "stable" ABI is frozen.

	Right - gtk+ has these padding members because people inherit from
those interfaces to create their own eg. Widgets =)

	I'm confident that people won't inherit from our interfaces to create
their own LibreOfficeKit's ;-)

> (Although, IMHO, we are starting to get to a point where the "stable"
> part of the ABI is useful only for a small part of
> LibreOfficeKit-using software, and for the rest no matter how "stable"
> it is supposed to be, there is just the "unstable" part. Soon the
> "unstable" part will also be partly stable...)

	Heh ;-) I guess at some stage (perhaps for 5.0?) we should pick out
some bits of that API/ABI to freeze - that is if there are some
particularly un-changed & robust bits.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--