LibreOffice Help broken redirects

Dennis Roczek dennisroczek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 02:29:00 PDT 2015

Hi Adolfo,

Am 01.06.2015 um 07:37 schrieb Adolfo Jayme Barrientos:
>> -- mainly to 3.6 (so no urgent I guess).
>
> … which leads me to a question: why do we keep help content for
> unsupported releases in the wiki?
Why not? Some users have to use (parallel) LibO 3.6 because the
StarOffice file format was dropped in LO4. Just for an example.

> I suggest that we drop any content corresponding to any release older
> that 4.4, and maintain only those pages corresponding to the Fresh and
> Still branches at a time.
At the moment we do have ~900k Pages - including redirects for all
versions (3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 - so for 9 versions).

Redirects are very cheap. (don't cost server resources)
Images are defacto not existent (not many, all small).

And 900k pages are not very much for Mediawiki. Moreover as Robinson
already said that there are some companies providing long term support
for old versions.

> Adolfo
Regards,

Dennis Roczek