test infrastructure ideas appreciated ... - format validity checks

Kohei Yoshida libreoffice at kohei.us
Tue Jun 9 17:36:51 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 18:44 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	What of this don't we cover with the crashtester validation ?
> >
> I guess, as I said, but:
>
> > On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 18:59 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > > Same applies to OOXML, having one box running the Open XML SDK there &
> > > its validator would be awesome
> > >
> > (http://openxmldeveloper.org/blog/b/openxmldeveloper/archive/2010/03/08/8242.aspx)
> >
> I thought we're running officeotron for ooxml? The SDK above would be
> sortof nice, with it presumably having many more of the MSO
> idiosyncrasies codified?

FWIW, I've found officetron to be much pickier and generally more useful
than the official SDK from Microsoft when trying to figure out why a
certain OOXML file generated from LibreOffice wouldn't open correctly in
MS Office.  At least that was the case when I was debugging chart
exports.

YMMV for other areas though.

Kohei