Looking for help for clipboard in Math

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Jun 10 12:51:02 PDT 2015

Hi Michael,

a short status report:

Michael Stahl schrieb:
> On 06.06.2015 22:03, Regina Henschel wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> thank-you for looking at my problems.
>>
>> Michael Stahl schrieb:

>> [skipped a lot of text]
>>
>> Helpful comments. Looking around I think, the connection to the OS is
>> done in /main/dtrans/source/win32/
>>
>> I have found the table m_TranslTable, which refers the SOT_FORMATSTR_IDs
>> from exchange.cxx. I'll try what happens, when I add the MathML format
>> there too. I had already added it in exchange.cxx, but that was not
>> enough to be recognized. [I need some time for that. I will report back,
>> when I have finished.]
>
> that sounds plausible.

I have added the MathML format to m_TranslTable and now I get the
clipboard content. In addition I have added debug outputs for MimeType
and HumanPresentableName.

With all that I see:

The MathML-content from Microsoft MathInputPanel can be detected in
clipboard and the stream contains a complete MathML content, so if saved
to file it would result in a valid MathML file.

The same is true for copying an equation from Microsoft Word 2010. Among
15 detected clipboard formats, I can get the correct one by using the
new introduced SOT_FORMATSTR_ID.

The clipboard format from MathCast is not a real MathML content, but it
is MimeType = text/plain;charset=windows1252 and HumanPresentableName =
OEM/ANSI Text. So importing that is a different problem and has to wait
until the import of valid MathML is successful.

For your tips about XML-parsing I need some more time.

Kind regards
Regina