Changing mindset of core LO developers to the status of master -- was test infrastructure ideas appreciated ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:06:19 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:31 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> If it is very important to someone to support some uncommon build scenario,
> there is a way to get that: Add a CI-enabled tinderbox.

<sarcasm>Gee, that is so easy.. why didn't I think of that...</sarcasm>

Seriously: NO. people can setup all the tinderboxes they want,
reporting to the tinderbox website.. the biggest annoyance when they
fall in disrepair is annoying email spam.
but a Ci-enabled tinderbox, firs is unlikely to be _a_, you'd need
more than one to deal with the load
and such config would then _have_ to work and be taken care of (from
an infra perspective, but even more importantly from a dev
perspective) other wise it would block the whole thing.
So, no I do not want to add random whimsical configs on random box to the mix.

Norbert