PyUNO usability improvements

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 06:45:30 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Tuesday, 2015-06-16 12:34:15 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:

> >      2. Cell ranges
> >      ==============
> >
> >          cell = cellrange[0,0]       # Access cell by indices
> >          rng = cellrange[0,1:2]      # Access cell range by index,slice
> >          rng = cellrange[1:2,0]      # Access cell range by slice,index
> >          rng = cellrange[0:1,2:3]    # Access cell range by slices
> >          rng = cellrange['A1:B2']    # Access cell range by descriptor
> >          rng = cellrange['Name']     # Access cell range by name
> >
> >      Note that the indices used are in Python/C order, and differ from
> >      the arguments to methods provided by XCellRange.
> >      - The statement cellrange[r,c], which returns the cell from row r
> >      and column c, is equivalent to calling
> >          XCellRange::getCellByPosition(c,r)

Is there a specific reason for this? Why not keep the order the API
uses? My concern is, that if these get mixed the user will get
confused..

> >      - The statement cellrange[t:b,l:r], which returns a cell range
> >      covering rows t to b(non-inclusive) and columns l to r(non-
> >      inclusive), is equivalent to calling
> >          XCellRange::getCellRangeByPosition(l,t,r-1,b-1).

Which when keeping c,r order would be cellrange[l:r,t:b], slightly
nearer to the API.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack