PyUNO usability improvements

Matthew J. Francis mjay.francis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:34:04 PDT 2015

So far I've had some valuable feedback - thanks to those who
contributed.

I also have the nagging feeling that any changes to behaviour will be
with us for a long time, and there are still a few questions in my mind
over the advisability of some of the details. Part of the reason for
this is that while it all seems a good idea in theory, there aren't any
actual demonstration use cases yet apart from the few unit tests.

So, given that:
- To begin with there's no way I'd recommend rushing this in for 5.0,
and nobody but me is clamouring to actually use the changes
- Some time to mature the interface changes seems like a good idea
- I have a significant actual use case (UI testing) separately in
progress that this could be developed alongside

What about converting this to a feature branch and running with it for
a while, with the aim of landing a properly mature feature for 5.1?

Regards
Matthew Francis