Building LO java extension with Gradle or Ant

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 01:10:28 PDT 2015

Hi,

If you are not happy with the SDK build system, you can do it yourself,
too. In the past I wrote a Java extension where I wrote a standalone
Makefile to do all the tasks, and it wasn't longer than 100 lines or so.

So if you don't like make, but want some java-y markup, then you can do
the equivalent without much effort, I hope.

Given that the SDK targets a number of languages, I guess it's
reasonable that Makefiles is a common ground (as opposed to having a
different build system for each language on the SDK side).

Regards,

Miklos