[GSoC] Integrating LO with GNOME - WR#4

Pranav Kant pranav913 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:56:47 PDT 2015

The title should have been rather this :

Integrat*ed* LO with GNOME :)

because I managed to integrate the Gtk widget with the
gnome-documents. There were initially few problems that I faced
because of few requirements that gnome-documents wanted the widget to
fulfill, but after reading the gnome-documents code carefully and
making the modifications, it is finally working.

Next steps:
Though we managed to get it working, it is still far from any use in
production. Over the next few weeks I would be polishing the
integration, and make note of things that gnome-documents or any other
useful application in general requires from such a widget. This would
include API design (signals, properties etc.). I would also need to
dive in deeper in gnome-documents code for better integration.

--
Regards,
Pranav Kant