not able to clone translations from git

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:55:17 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 7:14 AM, rachnag <rachnag at cdac.in> wrote:

> fatal: unable to connect to gerrit.libreoffice.org:
> gerrit.libreoffice.org[0: 89.238.68.148]: errno=Connection refused
>
> Clone of 'git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/translations' into submodule path
> 'translations' failed
> Makefile:210: recipe for target 'get-submodules' failed
> make: *** [get-submodules] Error 1
>
> I understand its not able to get translations from git.
>
> Any help in this regard is highly appreciable.

I did not have the time at which you did this.. but I looked at the
logs a little before you sent that email and git-deamon is serving
things fine... I can see in the log that we are serving
/translation.git as well

bear in mind that git:// protocol operate on port 9418..
so let me make a guess here:
you downloaded a tarball of core.git unpacked it and then try to
configure it for a language...
build tried to then clone the translation repo because it was not
available (not downloaded as a tarball) and there is a firewall
between your machine and our host that blocked that.

How close am I ?

Norbert