Callback deadlock

Matthew J. Francis mjay.francis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 22:58:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm intermittently experiencing the attached deadlock in some Python code.

As far as I can tell, the deadlock appears to be between a call to an
XTopWindowListener in thread 1 (the listener, also in Python code,
doesn't yet do anything more than print "I am here" on a callback) and
the main thread which is attempting to enumerate the paragraphs of a
text document in thread 2.

Could anyone with more experience in UNO and locking matters help me to
understand what's going on here? If what I'm trying to do is essentially
not going to work, there is the alternative of busy-waiting for windows
to appear, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Regards
Matthew Francis