daily MAB summary and CCing of MABs (was: [Libreoffice-qa] MAB/Priority and Severity)

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 02:57:10 PDT 2015

Hi Bjoern,

On Monday, 2015-06-29 11:28:02 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> - create a query that show all "priority: highest" bugs that have been touched
>   in the last 25 hours (daily), 8 days (weekly)[1]
> - have a bot send these summaries daily or weekly to the dev-list
> - drop the "MABs are CC'ed to the dev-list
>
> Personally, I would go with 'daily summaries', just like for gerrit. Note that
> even with that, it will reduce the spammage of the dev-list to 1 daily mail
> that is actually read, instead of ~4 that are likely ignored.
>
> This would mean that we would have:
> - a daily summary of MAB/priority highest activity to the dev-list
> - no additional spammage of the dev-list

Sounds all good to me, though I think every other day would be
sufficient. Plus, have a named query for that (and possibly others) so
one can quickly generate a fresh list whenever needed.

> - weekly review of bugs that have been newly raised to 'priority:highest' in
>   the ESC call

What exactly do you mean with review here? I don't think we should spend
too much time on that during the ESC call, but I'd be ok with some "does
anyone see a bug on this list that shouldn't belong there" topic.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack