Callback deadlock

Matthew J. Francis mjay.francis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 06:43:38 PDT 2015

On 29/06/2015 20:18, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> ah, that's a poorly implemented Implementation::inspect
> (stoc/source/inspect/introspection.cxx), which locks some m_aMutex first
> thing and for the duration of the whole function call, and both
> Pyhton-side threads 1 and 2 are in this function...

When it comes to thousand line functions which feel the need to be
(heavily) commented in German, I have a very strong urge to 'nicht
gefingerpoken'.

Unless you feel generous enough to debug further, I'll go with plan B
and just poll for now rather than risk changing it. While not optimally
pretty, the objective of the exercise is after all to produce more tests
and fewer bugs!

(In due course I can commit a test for this bug too)

Regards
Matthew Francis