[GSoC] Haskell UNO Language Binding - Weekly Report 5

Jorge Mendes jorgecunhamendes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:15:54 PDT 2015

Hi,

The past week I've been working a bit more on the generation of code
C/C++/Haskell code, and on the compilation of a normal working
environment.

The idea is, for now, to have:
 - a package with code that is required for the binding;
 - an application that generates code from IDL types to use LO's API; and,
 - a simple way to build applications using the points above.

To accomplish the last point I'm using Cabal, the "Haskell Common
Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries", which is what
most Haskell packages use. The code to generate the SDK types is not
yet finished, and it is working only for a very small subset of the
IDL specification. Also, the configuration process for the example is
not yet generating the types.

For the curious ones, the code is available on github:
    https://github.com/jorgecunhamendes/haskell-uno-binding
Note that I don't have instructions on building/using this, but I'll
write something as soon as this is working.

This week the configuration/compilation process for the current
example should be done, I'll add support for more of the IDL
specification to the code generator, and I'll write more example as I
go.

Kind regards,
Jorge