LibreOffice HEAD won't run

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Sun Mar 8 12:51:18 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to compile LibreOffice from master (commit 3b585737ff6bda7d28dd293465f5061ad5006f6e) but it will not work. I want to test a patch that I developed for a bug that I found earlier. I have applied this patch to the sources of 4.4.1.2 (from the tarball) and it works there. But I also want to check if it works on HEAD. When I compile I get an error message from the unit tests. And then when I run it, it crashes. So I wonder if HEAD is supposed to be a working version.

And now the details.

I am working on a Macbook with Mac OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite). I have run
./autogen.sh --with-ant-home=/Users/piet/Downloads/Developer/apache-ant-1.9.4 --with-junit=/Library/JUnit/junit-4.10.jar --enable-python=no
and then
make verbose=t 2>&1 | tee build3.log

I had to use --enable-python=no to compile it, otherwise thew compilation failed (I will address this in a separate message).

The compilation ends with an error: