Page breaks in Web Layout

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 02:02:30 PDT 2015

Hi Ashod,

On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 12:33:38PM -0500, Ashod Nakashian <ashnakash at gmail.com> wrote:
> In Web Layout one shouldn't expect _*any*_ page breaks whatsoever, as by
> definition it should not have a concept of pages.

Yes, I think that's correct.

> **Does anyone know what's going on? Has anyone tried to fix this? Can
> anyone help me if there are no active efforts towards the same end?**

I do not think anyone touches the web layout currently, so if you want
some improvement there, feel free to go ahead. :-)

The relevant classes are:

- SvxFmtBreakItem: the page break is a paragraph property, e.g. "page
  break before" is the pool item on the paragraph of this class, with
  SVX_BREAK_PAGE_BEFORE passed to the ctor.
- SwPageFrm: represents a Writer page in the Writer layout.

See sw/qa/extras/README on how you can inspect the current state of the
layout using F12 in debug mode.

Regards,

Miklos