SVG & Break

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sat Mar 21 04:39:23 PDT 2015

Christina Roßmanith wrote:
> could it be that after breaking an inserted or opened SVG in Draw, a
> path isn't known any longer as SVG path but as some general manually
> closed polygon which is closed and to which different stroking rules
> apply than to manually closed SVG paths?

Yep, unfortunately the StarView Metafile is horribly incapable of
representing more advanced graphics. Fixing the metafile conversion
might be possible, but I'd think cutting it out as the middle man
should fix many more problems.

I *thought* there was code already somewhere that took drawinglayer
objects and converted them into DrawShape, but can't momentarily find
it. Maybe someone else on this list recalls. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten