GSoC IDEA- AUTOMATED ERROR CHECKING IN CALC

rajat vijay rajatvijay5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:45:17 PDT 2015

Dear MARKUS,
Sir,
Here is a list of my ideas:
> In the "data validation" feature, add two new types in the "Allow" list
namely
1- "Customized". This feature will will allow the user to perform data
validation with reference to formulas.
2- "Units". This feature will let the user associate an unit with a
particular cell or a range. The "Data" field will have a list of units
namely-meter, seconds, and most of the other scientific units.
> Detecting an EMPTY cell in the range for formula, where the user put a
cell range as an argument.
> Adding different currencies error

Here are two more errors that i would like to implement--
> Calculation error on numbers formatted as text or preceded by an
apostrophe
> Warning for a formulas inconsistent with other formulas in the region

Your guidance with code pointers on implementing the above these will be a
great help !!!

Yours sincerely
RAJAT VIIJAY